domenica 15 ottobre 2017

Facing the storm

Facing the storm
I only have two hands

Sometimes the sound of the rain is so strong
That we cannot hear nothing else

I wish they were raindrops but indeed they are events
Circumstances in this life they are never solitaries 

Sometimes the clouds stop smiling
What once was a gentle breeze is now a cold northern wind

Who used to laugh with you 
speaks now a language that you cannot longer understand

Facing the storm
I have to accept there is no shelter

I will get wet
Birds are disappeared and I will miss them for a while

I wish these sounds were thunders
But in truth they are memories

Did you ever met anybody
That could stop them from roaring?

I could run 
scratching the surface of the water on the field

For what purpose, where could I reach?

I will get wet instead
But it will be ok 

Facing the storm
I will be here watching the grass getting greener

I will study the rain falling
and ask her to be my friend 

So I could learn from her
To accept the surface where I will fall

I will learn from the animals of the woods 
That when the loudest noise arise they keep silent and still

So I will endeavor to break the unrest
In order to find a small piece of hidden quietness 

amongst the stream of the thoughts
There must be a solid stone on which I can lay

I will chant a prayer to make my body warm
It usually helps when you're walking alone

I will be waiting for the clarity
Before the storm dissolves

I will be climbing to the strength
That comes from accepting to have lost

I know I can be reacher
If I accept to only have these two hands

I know I can feel safer
if I learn that safety has no specific place

But it resides in the flowing of time
Just one step before the expressions of the mind

The songs that I once learned
oh yes I can count on them

They will keep me company
until the storm ends

I m cold and wet but I m getting used to it
It makes me smile that I only have two hands